Grilled Portobello Burger with Basil Mayo
Savory grilled mushrooms are piled high with the usual burger fixings, plus a very tasty basil-mayo sauce. A must-have for your next summer soiree, vegetarians and carnivores alike will go wild for this mouthwatering veggie concoction.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 medium portobello mushroom caps
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices thin sandwich bread
- 3/4 cup roasted red peppers (packed in water)
- 4 thick slices red onion
- 4 pieces lettuce
- Heat grill or grill pan.
- In a small bowl, combine basil, mayonnaise and vinegar; set aside.
- Lightly coat both sides of mushroom caps with cooking spray; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill mushrooms over medium-high heat, until just soft to the touch, about 6 minutes per side.
- To serve, split rolls and toast on grill. Spread a heaping teaspoon of basil mixture on top and bottom halves of rolls. Layer each bottom half with a mushroom, pepper, lettuce leaf and onion slice; top with remaining half of roll and serve.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 198 kcal cal., 5 g fat (0.6 g sat. fat), 37 g carb., 7 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 7 g pro., 5 mg calcium, 0.1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet