Grilled Sesame Tuna with New-Potato Salad
Try this mouth-watering recipe for a tasty way to get selenium, niacin, and vitamin B-12 into your diet.
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 4 ounces tuna steaks (about 1-inch thick)
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup string beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat grill, grill pan, or broiler.
- In a shallow dish, add 1/4 cup of rice vinegar to the sesame oil and hoisin sauce. Add tuna steaks and turn to coat. Grill or broil for 5-7 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes for 7 minutes in a large pot of rapidly boiling water. Add string beans and cook for 1-2 more minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender and string beans are crispy-tender. While still warm, toss with the remaining 1/4 cup of vinegar, red onion, and parsley. Add salt and pepper.
- To serve, place 1 tuna steak on each plate next to 3/4 cup of warm new-potato salad.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 400 kcal cal., 8 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 49 g carb., 7 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 32 g pro., 59 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet