Grilled Sirloin Tips with Grilled Avocado
This is a delicious and simple recipe that provides lean protein and healthy fats that both men and women love. Hold the bread and pair it with a great glass of wine and you have a low carb, yet highly flavored feast. Tony Maws, executive chef at The Kirkland Tap & Trotter in Somerville, MA
For sirloin tips:
- 2 teaspoons dried onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika (or sweet chile powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 pounds sirloin tips, cut into 1.5-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 avocados, cut into1.5-inch pieces
- 2 limes
- Combine all spices in a bowl. Toss with sirloin tips (reserving 1 teaspoon of rub for avocados) and three tablespoons olive oil (reserving some for avocado).
- Place tips on 8 inch bamboo or metal skewers. Grill skewers over a hot fire until medium rare, approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut avocados in half, removing pits. Scoop avocado halves from skin with a spoon, taking care to keep them intact. Season avocado with remaining rub, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top of sirloin and avocado and serve warm.
- Recipe provided by The Kirkland Tap & Trotter