Grilled Summer Squash with Parmesan, Pine Nuts, and Basil
- 2 medium yellow squash (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 lemon
- Preheat grill to high. Trim stems off the squash at an angle. Rotate the squash a quarter turn and cut off a 1 1/2-inch chunk at an angle. Continue rotating and cutting chunks, then repeat with the other squash.
- Toss the squash with oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Place on the hot grill grate, cut sides down, and grill, turning once, until grill marks appear and the squash is crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the Parmesan onto the squash. Tear the basil leaves and scatter on top with the pine nuts. Zest the lemon directly on top, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.
Per serving: 90 kcal cal., 7 g fat (1.4 g sat. fat), 163 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 4 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet