Grilled Tropical Fruit with Coconut Sorbet
This tart and sweet combo of mango and pineapple is perfect for outdoor gathering. You can make the sorbet in advance and store it in a freezer safe container for up to one week.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To make the sorbet, whisk all ingredients to a medium saucepan and warm over medium heat until smooth, and sugar has dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate several hours until completely cold. Pour into ice-cream maker and churn according the manufacturer's instructions.
- While the sorbet is churning, heat outdoor grill or grill pan. Add pineapple slices and mango halves (cut side down). Cook about 3-5 minutes until beginning to soften and grill marks appear. Flip over and continue cooking on the other side for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Recipe courtesy of McKenzie Hall.
Per serving: 270 kcal cal., 12 g fat (10 g sat. fat), 43 g carb., 3 g fiber, 35 g sugar, 2 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet