Ground Beef and Kale Stir-Fry
A quick and easy stir fry is the perfect weeknight meal, especially when it's made with iron-rich lean ground beef. Plus, a healthy dose of cabbage and kale helps up the iron count even higher.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound lean Ground Beef, 93% lean or leaner
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Add stir-fry sauce to ground beef; cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve vegetable mixture over rice.
- Recipe provided by Katie Serbinski, R.D., Mom to Mom Nutrition.
Per serving: 457 kcal cal., 15 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 955 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 33 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet