Guacamole de Frutas
Heart-healthy guacamole dip gets a boost of four kinds of vitamins and minerals from the fruit in this recipe.
- 2 Haas avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 yellow peach, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 habanero pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 1 teaspoon slivered basil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Using a small knife, cut each avocado in half and remove the pit. Cut the flesh of each avocado lengthwise 4 times, then crosswise 4 times to form small cubes. Scoop cubes into a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork until chunky.
- Stir in the next 7 ingredients and 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds; season with salt. Garnish with remaining pomegranate seeds and serve immediately with warm corn tortillas or chips.
- Guacamole recipe courtesy of Julian Medina, executive chef and owner of Toloache restaurant in New York City.
- Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.
Per serving: 205 kcal cal., 15 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 154 mg sodium, 8 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 3 g pro., 20 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet