Haricots Verts With Macadamia Nuts
- 2 pounds haricots verts (thin green beans) or Blue Lake beans, cleaned and cut in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium Vidalia or Maui onion, julienned
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and crushed
- Blanch green beans in boiling water for 20 seconds, then shock them in an ice-water bath. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and stir continually until soft and translucent but not browned, 7 to 10 minutes. If onion begins to brown, add a few tablespoons of water to skillet.
- In a large bowl, toss green beans with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add to skillet with onions and saute until lightly browned. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, toss with macadamia nuts, and serve.
- Courtesy of chef Bradley Lum and Josefa Carballo Lum, the owners of Grindz in San Francisco
Per serving: 198 kcal cal., 14 g fat (2.1 g sat. fat), 19 g carb., 7 g fiber, 5 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet