Healthy Breakfast Nachos
- 2 potatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
- 2 cups preshredded coleslaw mix (green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup plain, 2 percent Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 4 tablespoons sliced black olives, for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . On a baking sheet, toss potatoes with 1 teaspoon oil, chili powder, and cumin; roast for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping once, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan over medium heat, scramble eggs, spinach, and black beans in remaining 1 teaspoon oil until the eggs are just set; season with salt and pepper.
- On the baking sheet or an ovenproof platter, top the potatoes with scrambled eggs and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Top nachos with coleslaw mix, tomatoes, avocado, scallions, and yogurt. Garnish with cilantro, olives, and lime wedges.
- Courtesy of Dawn Jackson Blatner, R.D.N., the author of the new cookbook The Superfood Swap and a Shape advisory board member.
Per serving: 380 kcal cal., 18 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 38 g carb., 10 g fiber, 22 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet