Healthy Pancakes with Pomegranate
Yogurt gives these healthy pancakes their fluffy texture, and pomegranates give it an antioxidant boost.
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (suggested: POM POMS Fresh Pomegranate Arils)
- Maple syrup
- Separate one egg. Combine yolk in a small bowl with the yogurt, flour and vanilla extract. Stir well with a fork.
- Separate the second egg. In a larger bowl, beat the two egg whites, sugar, and salt until they are fluffy and hold a soft peak.
- Scrape about a third of the egg whites into the yolk-yogurt mixture and stir to lighten. Very gently, fold in the rest of the egg whites, trying not to deflate them.
- Melt the butter in a small nonstick pan over medium-low heat. When the pan is hot, add half of the batter. Cook 3-4 minutes, until brown, then flip and cook 3-4 minutes on the reverse side.
- Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
- Top with pomegranate seeds and a thin slice of butter. Serve with syrup.
- Recipe provided by Big Girls, Small Kitchen
- Nutritional information does not include Maple Syrup.
Per serving: 160 kcal cal., 6 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 237 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 9 g pro., 93 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet