Herbed Coconut Hummus
- 1/2 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut meat, chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Black pepper
- Sliced vegetables, crackers, or bread for serving
- Place the chickpeas in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the chickpeas are tender, about 35 minutes. Pour into a fine-mesh sieve to drain.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl of a food processor. Add cilantro, coconut meat, ginger, garlic, tahini, olive oil, lime juice, coconut aminos, sea salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Process until pureed and smooth, about 1 minute. Taste and add more aminos, if needed. Serve immediately with vegetables, crackers, or bread.