High-Fiber Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
Tired of the same old greens in your salad recipe? Belgian endive serves up a new twist.
- 2 large red grapefruits
- 8 cups baby arugula
- 2 ripe avocados, cored, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1 small head Belgian endive, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 ounces herb and garlic goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Peel grapefruits and remove pith. Hold grapefruits over a bowl and remove sections by slicing along membranes; let juice collect in bowl. Divide grapefruit sections, arugula, avocado, endive, onion, and goat cheese among four plates.
- In a small jar, combine oil, vinegar, grapefruit juice, zest, mustard, salt, and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salads.
Per serving: 358 kcal cal., 25 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 31 g carb., 14 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 9 g pro., 198 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet