Hot Toddy with a Twist
The ultimate cold weather drink recipe, this hot toddy is perfect for making in large batches.
- 24 ounces water
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 1 tablespoon crushed allspice
- 3/4 ounce agave
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce honey water (combine equal parts honey and water)
- 6 ounces Johnny Walker Black Label
- Bring water to a simmer on the stove. Crush nutmeg. Add cloves, cinnamon, star anise, allspice, and nutmeg to water. Add agave and lemon juice and let simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Add honey water and stir. Pour into a glass and add 2 ounces Johnny Walker Black Label.
- Recipe courtesy of Joshua Brandenburg, one of SHAPE's hot, healthy bartenders.
Per serving: 183 kcal cal., 0 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 1 mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 0 g pro., 1 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet