Jalapeno, Three-Pea and Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp, patted dry
- Kosher salt
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled and cut into thin slivers
- 1 large jalapeno, very thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 8 ounces snow peas
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Whisk the coconut milk, sugar, and fish sauce until smooth; reserve.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season the shrimp with salt and add to the hot oil in a single layer. Cook, turning once, until caramelized, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add the remaining tablespoon oil. Add the shallots, ginger, and jalapeno. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the snap peas, snow peas, and peas. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the reserved coconut milk mixture and shrimp. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the shrimp are cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the cilantro
Per serving: 273 kcal cal., 10 g fat (3.2 g sat. fat), 17 g carb., 5 g fiber, 28 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet