Japanese Noodle Salad
In this quick vegetarian recipe, garlic and ginger give noodles a flavor kick.
- 8 ounces udon (brown-rice) or soba (buckwheat) noodles
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 16 ounce package frozen sugar-snap stir-fry mix (sugar-snap peas, carrots, onion, and mushrooms), thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup roasted soy nuts
- Cook noodles in a large pot of rapidly boiling water for 8 minutes, until just tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger, and saute 1 minute. Add sugar snap mix and saute 2 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add vegetable mixture and tamari sauce to noodles, and toss to combine. Serve topped with soy nuts.
Per serving: 361 kcal cal., 7 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 723 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 20 g pro., 72 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet