Jerk-Chicken with Sweet Potato and Pineapple
This tropically-influenced dish pairs jerk-seasoned chicken breasts with sweet potato and pineapple. It's a fabulous combination of sweet and spice.
- 1/2 cup light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed (leaves and tender end stems)
- 3 tablespoons jerk seasoning, or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 inch piece of fresh coarsely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or less to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 uncooked sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 20 ounces drained canned pineapple packed in juice
- 1 large uncooked onion, diced
- To make marinade, combine coconut milk, cilantro, jerk seasoning, sugar, garlic, salt, ginger, lime juice, and cayenne in a blender or food processor; process until combined and set aside.
- Layer chicken, potatoes, pineapple, and onion in a slow cooker. Pour marinade over top; cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, about 5 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.
Per serving: 316 kcal cal., 4 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 1458 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 26 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet