Kiwi Herb Salad with Pistachios and Orange Dressing
The fresh ingredients in this no-cook salad are brimming with the antioxidant vitamin C, which is easily destroyed by cooking. And pistachios are rich in the antioxidant lutein, which impacts the health of the skin, heart, and eyes.
- 3 cups assorted herbs
- 3 cups assorted salad greens
- 2 medium fresh kiwis peeled and sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped raw pistachios
- In a salad bowl, lightly toss together herbs and greens, kiwis, and bell pepper.
- In a small dish, make the dressing by whisking together the orange juice, olive oil, black pepper, orange zest, and sea salt, if desired.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss together. Sprinkle with the pistachios.
- Recipe provided by Sharon Palmer, R.D.N., author of Plant-Powered for Life
Per serving: 94 kcal cal., 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 10 g carb., 3 g fiber, 3 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet