Lamb Chops and Steamed Asparagus
- 4 chops or 1 rack of lamb (about 7 chops)
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Trim woody ends off asparagus. You can also peel off about 1 inch of the tough green fibrous sheath from the base of asparagus stalks with a vegetable peeler.
- Put 1 inch of water and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Place asparagus in the pan and steam for about 3 minutes, until tender but not soft (al dente). Drain and set aside.
- Make a paste with olive oil, garlic, and Dijon mustard. Brush onto lamb chops.
- Using high heat, grill, saute, or broil the lamb chops for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest. Plate asparagus with chops.
- Nutritional information is based on using 6oz lamb chops and 1/8 teaspoon of salt per serving.
Per serving: 1072 kcal cal., 96 g fat (46 g sat. fat), 6 g carb., 3 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 45 g pro., 83 mg calcium, 7 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet