Lamb Kebab Skewers with Harissa Goat Cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Spanish onions, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons ground garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces harissa paste
- Red onions, thinly sliced, for serving
- Kosher Persian pickles, for serving
- Preheat the grill to very hot, about 450 degrees . Thread lamb pieces onto skewers, (about 4 each) with an onion wedge between the pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together cumin, coriander, garlic, allspice, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Coat skewers with the juice of 2 lemons, then with the dry seasoning mix, covering them completely.
- Grill skewers until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together olive oil, parsley, mint, remaining juice from 2 lemons, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper. In a separate bowl, whip the goat cheese with harissa paste until fully incorporated.
- Place skewers on a platter and drizzle with herb-and-oil mixture. Serve with red onions, pickles, and harissa goat cheese.
Per serving: 584 kcal cal., 34 g fat (14 g sat. fat), 17 g carb., 5 g fiber, 50 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet