Lamb Pizza with Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
Cilantro is a flavorful herb that's more than just a garnish. On this pizza, combine it with yogurt to make the pizza sauce. You can also use the sauce as a spread, dip, or a dressing for sandwiches and salads.
- 3 frozen naan, thawed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons neutral oil (like canola or grapeseed)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces ground lamb
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 green chiles, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 - 2 tablespoons water
- Handful mozzarella or feta cheese
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and toast cumin and coriander seeds until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside Use a mortar pestle to coarsely grind them but does not have to be ground.
- Use the same pan and heat oil over medium heat and saute onion until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes then add ground lamb along with spices, salt, and pepper. Let it cook over medium heat until lamb in no longer pink and slightly brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add yogurt, chili, and cilantro in a blender or a food processor. Add 1-2 tablespoon water if needed to get the blender going, otherwise it is not needed. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Layer naan with cilantro yogurt sauce, cooked lamb, and top with handful of mozzarella cheese and allow it to bake for 5-7 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Garnish with some cilantro, raw onion, and more cilantro yogurt sauce if desired.
- Recipe provided by Dixya Bhattarai, R.D. of Food, Pleasure & Health
Per serving: 510 kcal cal., 24 g fat (9 g sat. fat), 720 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 23 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet