Leftover Veggie Bread
Leftovers never looked this good. Try this bread topped with nut butter, cottage cheese and cinnamon, or pumpkin or apple butter. It's also great with avocado for a breakfast.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato or pumpkin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, baking powder, cinnamon, chia seeds, and walnuts until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine carrot, zucchini, sweet potato, eggs, oil, and rice malt syrup, if using. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine well. Transfer to prepared loaf pan and bake 60 to 90 minutes until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Recipe provided by IQuitSugar.com
Per serving: 235 kcal cal., 17 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 106 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 7 g pro., 115 mg calcium, 1.5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet