Lemon-Cucumber Salad with Feta and Couscous
When it's hot outside, a cucumber salad is super refreshing. With crunchy cukes, creamy feta, chewy couscous, and crispy sunflower seeds, this salad has a variety of textures to keep every bite interesting.
- 3 cups whole-wheat pearl couscous, cooked and cooled
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dill
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons shelled sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl, toss couscous, cucumber, feta, and dill to combine.
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Whisk in olive oil until dressing is thick and emulsified; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over couscous mixture and stir to combine. Add arugula and toss to coat. Transfer salad to a serving platter and top with sunflower seeds.
- Recipe provided by chef Katie Lee, author of Endless Summer Cookbook.
Per serving: 244 kcal cal., 13 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 272 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 8 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet