Lentil, Mushroom, and Kale Burritos
You may not think of these foods as typical burrito ingredients, but lentils, mushroom, and kale make a surprisingly delicious combination, especially when topped with creamy goat cheese. Plus you'll reap the health benefits of mushrooms, protein-packed lentils, and nutrient-filled kale.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large bunch curly kale, tough stems and ribs removed, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup canned lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- In a large deep skillet or pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add kale, mushrooms, and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium--low and cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted and mushrooms are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Add lentils and salsa and cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon lentil mixture down the middle of each warmed tortilla, leaving a 2--inch border on each side. Sprinkle evenly with crumbled goat cheese. Roll up like burritos.
- Recipe provided by Simple Nourished Living
Per serving: 341 kcal cal., 10 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 48 g carb., 13 g fiber, 21 g pro., 219 mg calcium, 7 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet