Lentil Salad with Nectarines and Avocado
Lentils are super inexpensive, making this a budget-friendly way to feed a crowd. It also doubles as a great vegetarian entree.
- 1 1/2 cups dried French lentils
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 nectarines, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Place lentils and garlic in a saucepan and add water until covered by at least 3 inches. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer, and cook, covered, until lentils are soft but still hold their shape, about 20 minutes. Drain lentils, discard garlic, and let cool.
- Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine lentils, scallions, nectarines, avocado, and dressing. Toss to combine, and transfer to a serving platter.
- Recipe provided by chef Katie Lee, author of Endless Summer Cookbook.
Per serving: 294 kcal cal., 11 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 395 mg sodium, 8 g fiber, 13 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet