Light Baked Potato Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 6 - 8 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 6 cups peeled and chopped russet potatoes
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Grated cheese, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Black pepper, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add onions and turn heat down slightly. Saute onions for 5 to 6 minutes until softened. Add celery and continue to cook 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 additional minute. Add cauliflower, potatoes, and stock (stock may not cover vegetables). Stir and bring to a boil. Turn soup down to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until everything is very tender when poked with a fork.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until as smooth as possible. (If using a stand blender, remove soup from heat and cool slightly before blending.) Soup will be quite thick; add water or stock as desired.
- Serve while hot with your favorite baked potato toppings.
- Recipe provided by Food Doodles
- Nutrition information based on soup without toppings.
Per serving: 131 kcal cal., 2 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 26 g carb., 4 g fiber, 3.5 g pro., 38 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet