Loaded Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Dried herbs, such as oregano or basil
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned or frozen and thawed artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Cashew cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Slice the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and sprinkle the insides liberally with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Place on baking sheet, cut side down, and bake about 30 minutes or until the squash is fork-tender and cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the red peppers, spinach, artichokes, olives, chickpeas, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spread half the marinara sauce inside the squash halves, then divide the vegetable mixture between the halves. Top with remaining marinara and bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and serve with cashew cream if desired.
- Recipe by Matt Frazier and Stepfanie Romine from The No Meat Athlete Cookbook.
Per serving: 456 kcal cal., 11 g fat (1.1 g sat. fat), 78 g carb., 19 g fiber, 15 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet