Low-Calorie Raspberry Green Tea Granita
Granitas combine fresh fruit and sugar for a low-calorie frozen treat. In this recipe, cook raspberries in green tea for a boost in flavor and antioxidants.
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups brewed green tea
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Combine berries, sugar and tea into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until berries have broken down.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer (use a rubber spatula to press through). Transfer to a shallow glass container (such as a 9x13x2 inch baking dish); allow to cool slightly, then place in the freezer.
- Once the mixture begins to freeze, scrape with a fork to create ice crystals every 30 minutes until mixture is completely frozen.
- To serve, spoon into cups and top with a light dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
- Recipe provided by Dana Angelo White, R.D.
Per serving: 106 kcal cal., 0 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 28 g carb., 3 g fiber. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet