Low-Sugar Pumpkin Pie Shake
Maple syrup is more than just for pancakes and French toast - it works deliciously in shakes and smoothies too. Make sure to choose 100 percent canned pumpkin with no added sugar and pumpkin listed as the only ingredients. With 10 grams of hunger-fighting fiber and only 8 grams of sugar, this is the ultimate in satisfaction.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- Pinch cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- Combine ingredients in a blender - blend until smooth.
- Recipe provided by Dana Angelo White, R.D., of Dana White Nutrition.
Per serving: 250 kcal cal., 9 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 230 mg sodium, 10 g fiber, 21 g sugar, 6 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet