Mac 'n Cheese
This delicious classic recipe has never been creamier or more satisfying!
- 1 1/2 cups dry macaroni
- 1 1/4 cups 1% milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/4 cup of milk with the cornstarch. Stir until smooth and lump free.
- Combine cornstarch mixture, remaining milk, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly and thick. Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Add cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce.
- Toss gently to coat. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
Per serving: 181 kcal cal., 2 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 812 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 14 g pro., 276 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet