Make-Ahead Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Parfaits
With layers of creamy yogurt, chewy oats, and sweet berries, these parfaits are a fresh, filling and fun way to start your day. Make a few at a time for a week's worth of quick, tasty breakfasts - they're a snap to assemble in advance and will keep for several days in the fridge.
- 6 ounces lowfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
- 1 cup frozen mixed fruit or berries
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, oats, chia seeds, and milk, and stir to combine. Layer half in a wide-mouth mason jar or container. Add 1/2 cup fruit. Top with remaining yogurt mixture and berries. Refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
- Recipe provided by Kristin of Iowa Girl Eats
Per serving: 314 kcal cal., 7 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 45 g carb., 8 g fiber, 21 g pro., 230 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet