Mashed Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large yams or sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wrap sweet potatoes individually in aluminum foil. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until tender all the way through when poked with the tip of a paring knife.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle. Unwrap potatoes and split in half lengthwise.
- Scoop flesh into a bowl and add butter, cinnamon, and salt. Mash with a potato masher, keeping the texture slightly chunky.
- Add nonfat milk and mix gently until completely incorporated, adding a bit more milk if desired. Texture should be thick yet loose and light. Serve warm.
- Chef Alexander SchnoppThe Boulders Resort & Golden Door Spa 34631 N. Tom Darlington Drive, Carefree, AZ theboulders.com
Per serving: 102 kcal cal., 6 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 11 g carb., 1 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 2 g pro., 66 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet