Matcha Mini Crepes
This popular green tea has been a part of Japanese tea ceremonies for centuries. Matcha contains a boatload of polyphenols, which have been shown to help decrease blood pressure and help with blood sugar control. It's sold as a fine powder, which is easily whisked into crepe batter, giving these crepes a bright green hue.
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch (or tapioca)
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk (or rice milk)
- In a big bowl, add flour, potato starch, and matcha and combine.
- Add in the eggs and beat until well incorporated.
- Slowly pour in the vegetable milk while beating.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, minimum.
- Pour in a ladle of batter in a hot small non-stick pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes and flip. Cook for another minute and remove to a plate.
- Recipe provided by Joana Oliveira of My Gut Feeling.
Per serving: 55 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 9 g carb., 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 2 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet