Mexican Hot Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
The combination of sweet strawberries, creamy chocolate, and a tiny kick of cayenne creates the ultimate trifecta of deliciousness. Chocolate contains a chemical that's known to spike feelings of excitement, making it the perfect seductive ending to a romantic meal.
- 1 3 ounce block semi-sweet dark chocolate, chopped or grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound strawberries, cleaned
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate, stirring with fork or whisk so it melts evenly and doesn't burn. Add cinnamon, cayenne, and salt. When fully melted, remove from heat to prevent burning.
- Holding strawberries by stem end, dip them in melted chocolate, coating them on each side.
- Place dipped strawberries on prepared cookie sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set chocolate, or until ready to serve.
- Recipe from The Lusty Vegan, a Cookbook and Relationship Manifesto for Vegans and the People Who Love Them
Per serving: 196 kcal cal., 6 g fat (3.5 g sat. fat), 22 g carb., 4 g fiber, 17 g sugar. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet