Mini Bikini Veggie Burgers
Enjoy bun-less burger heaven with these tasty meat-free patties.
For veggie burgers:
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- Avocado, halved and thinly sliced
- Dijon mustard
- Organic ketchup
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, shallots, oats, walnuts, cumin, lemon juice, parsley, and soy sauce, and pulse for approximately 1 minute until completely combined. Transfer to a medium bowl. Shape mixture into 6 patties approximately 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick.
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Sear 3 patties for approximately 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and heated through. Repeat with remaining olive oil and patties.
- To serve, place patties on Bibb lettuce leaves, and top with tomato and avocado slices and a touch of Dijon mustard and organic ketchup.
- Recipe adapted from The Bikini Body Diet by Tara Kraft. Copyright Zinczenko/AMI Ventures, 2013.