Mint Chocolate Chip Banana Ice Cream
This "ice cream" is so lush, you won't suspect it's made from bananas - or that it's color come naturally from spinach. Since the veggie is largely water, if you prefer a more sorbet-like dessert, add more spinach for an in icier texture.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 5 overripe bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- Non-dairy milk (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
- Place chocolate chips in a food processor and pulse until broken up into smaller pieces. Remove and set aside.
- Place spinach and mint extract in food processor and process until spinach is broken up into small bits and resembles a paste, about 1 minute. Add bananas and pulse about 1 minute until smoothly blended, stirring by hand several times if frozen chunks gather and stick. (If necessary, add 1 splash non-dairy milk to ease the process.) Taste mixture and add extra mint extract or sugar if needed. Add chocolate chips and pulse several times, just enough to mix into batter.
- Enjoy immediately as soft serve, or transfer ice cream to an airtight container and freeze at least 1 hour for a firmer dessert.
- Recipe provided by Kelly Garbato of V for Vegan
Per serving: 98 kcal cal., 3 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 17 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 1 g pro., 13 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet