Mixed Berries Celery Sorbet
Chef Franklin Becker gives sorbet a vegetable twist in this recipe from his healthy restaurant, The Little Beet Table. Serve it over berries for a produce-packed dessert.
- 4 cups strained celery juice
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 quart strawberries, quartered
- 1 quart blueberries
- 1 quart blackberries, halved
- 3 tablespoons picked tarragon leaves
- Mix celery juice with 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice and put in the refrigerator. Bring 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons of the sugar to a simmer, and then cool over ice in the refrigerator. When both liquids are cool, transfer to an ice-cream maker and follow machine instructions.
- Split vanilla bean in half, lengthwise, and scrape the inside of the bean into remaining 6 tablespoons sugar; mix thoroughly. In a medium bowl, toss sugar mixture with berries, tarragon, and remaining lemon juice.
- To serve, top berry mixture with celery sorbet.
- Recipe provided by chef Franklin Becker of The Little Beet Table