Mixed Berry Pancakes
Not as small as silver dollar pancakes, but still on the petite side. Bursting with berries, they're just the right amount to satisfy. Extras freeze and reheat well.
- 3 cups fresh, frozen, or thawed mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, gently toss berries with lemon juice; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, sift together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine buttermilk with egg yolk.
- Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture; stir in berries and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter until combined.
- Heat a very large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add 1/2 teaspoon butter. When butter is melted, make six pancakes at a time by pouring 2 heaping tablespoons of batter into skillet for each pancake (make sure to leave enough space in between each). Cook until bottoms are golden, about 2 minutes; flip and cook until centers are set, about 2 minutes more.
- Remove pancakes to a plate and cover to keep warm (or place in a warm oven); repeat with remaining ingredients, making six pancakes at a time. When ready to serve, dust pancakes with powdered sugar.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 139 kcal cal., 2 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 26 g carb., 2 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 5 g pro., 19 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet