Monkfish with Black Pepper, Scallions & Jasmine Rice
It's easy to pack mega flavor into bite-size fish chunks with this recipe.
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice, long-grain white rice or brown rice
- 6 1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound monkfish fillet, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly-sliced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly-sliced
- Combine the rice and 6 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 8-10 minutes, until rice is tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat pan. Add monkfish chunks and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add red pepper slices and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of water, hoisin sauce, and black pepper and simmer for 3 minutes, until the fish is fork-tender.
- Remove from heat and add sliced green onions. Spoon the rice onto 4 dinner plates. Spoon monkfish mixture over top and serve.
Per serving: 305 kcal cal., 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 43 g carb., 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 20 g pro., 36 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet