Montel Williams' Whole-Wheat Flour Pita
Make this perfect-for-dipping whole-wheat flour pita, in Montel Williams' HealthMaster or any blender or stand mixer you have.
- 2 cups lukewarm water (110 degrees F)
- 1/2 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees and attach HealthMaster pitcher to base and rotate clockwise to lock in place.
- Place water, yeast, and honey into a bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes to let yeast proof.
- Add remaining ingredients into the pitcher. Secure and lock the lid without the cap. Press ON button. Press RUN button. Set speed to
- Pour yeast mixture into the pitcher while HealthMaster is running until dough starts to form. Press OFF button. Remove dough and place on a floured surface. Knead into a ball. Divide dough into 12 pieces. Place on a cookie sheet and cover for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into circles and place on a cookie sheet. Place in oven for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Use the Tamper as needed to assist in the blending process.
Per serving: 161 kcal cal., 2 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 159 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 5 g pro., 10 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet