Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed well to remove any excess water
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces (1 cup) grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine turkey, spinach, onion, bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, egg whites, salt, and pepper. Mix well with a wooden spoon (or your clean hands).
- Press half of mixture into an 8-inch loaf pan. Top with mozzarella cheese. Press remaining turkey mixture over top and flatten to make an even layer.
- Whisk together ketchup and mustard, and spread over prepared meatloaf.
- Bake 1 hour until top is golden and loaf has pulled slightly away from sides of pan. Let stand 10 minutes, then slice to serve.
Per serving: 243 kcal cal., 6 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 723 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 34 g pro., 254 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet