No-Bake Almond Joy Bars
These no-bake chocolate bars are the perfect alternative to store-bought brands. Although they do contain close to 200 calories per bar (sorry!), the store-bought version contains about 40 more calories and a list of preservatives and additives most people can't even pronounce (like sodium metabisulfite).
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/3 cup shaved coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, heat almond butter, coconut oil, and honey over medium heat, stirring frequently, until melted and combined, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until chocolate has melted and ingredients are combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight. Cut into 24 bars.
- Recipe provided by Kara Lydon, R.D., of The Foodie Dietitian.
Per serving: 194 kcal cal., 15 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 14 g carb., 2 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 4 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet