No-Bake Summer Berry Coconut Almond Walnut Crisp
No need to fire up the oven (and then sit around waiting) to make crisp! Top your favorite ripe berries with this crunchy, nutty, coconutty crumble for a warm-weather version surprisingly close to the winter fave, just less juicy.
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, sucanat, or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 - 8 cups strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- Pulse nuts in a large food processor and process for about 20 to 30 seconds until slightly coarse. (Be careful to not over-process into nut butter.)
- Add coconut flakes, sugar, coconut oil, brown rice syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse 12 to 20 times until uniform in size and lightly sticking together but still crumbly. Taste and add more coconut sugar, if desired.
- Place fruit in a baking dish or individual serving cups and top with crisp.
- Recipe provided by EdiblePerspective.com
Per serving: 221 kcal cal., 14.5 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 21 g carb., 6 g fiber, 4 g pro., 44 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet