Oatmeal with Olive Oil and Oranges
This savory spin on traditional oats replaces sugary toppings with heart-healthy olive oil, almonds, and orange slices, which add just the right amount of sweetness.
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 lemon, grated (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (or more to taste)
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 1/2 cups water and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add oats and cook, stirring frequently, until creamy, 6 to 7 minutes. For a thicker consistency, cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in lemon zest and thyme. Spoon oatmeal into 4 bowls. Drizzle with olive oil and top with oranges and almonds.
- Recipe provided by GiadaWeekly.com
Per serving: 261 kcal cal., 11 g fat) (32 g carb., 6 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 9 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet