Pan-Grilled Chicken Thighs With Endive, Radicchio, Carrots, and Olives
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons za'atar (a Middle Eastern herb blend)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 radicchio, cored and sliced
- 2 Belgian endives, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 purple carrots, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 6 Peppadew peppers, thinly sliced
- 8 Castelvetrano olives, pitted and quartered
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Rub chicken with 2 teaspoons oil, then rub with za'atar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the pan. Grill until nicely browned and cooked through, turning occasionally, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest.
- Whisk together vinegar, honey, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add radicchio, endive, carrots, peppers, and olives and toss until well coated.
- Slice the chicken into strips and add to the bowl along with any accumulated juices. Toss and divide among plates. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 261 kcal cal., 12 g fat (2.2 g sat. fat), 14 g carb., 4 g fiber, 24 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet