Pan Roasted Halibut Over Fennel and Citrus Salad
A filling and tangy recipe for omega-3 packed fish.
- 2 6 ounces skinless halibut fillets
- Extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons plus some for drizzling
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 large bulb fennel, quartered, core removed, thinly sliced
- 1 orange
- 1 blood orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over fish and season with salt and pepper. Sear fish in hot pan for 1 minute on each side. Put pan in 350-degree oven for 8 minutes until fish is firm but not tough and cooked through.
- Cut citrus into segments. Juice remaining fruit and set aside. Cut fennel and onion into thin slices. Combine citrus segments, fennel, and onion.
- Drizzle with olive oil and citrus juice. Sprinkle with sea salt, and oregano. Top with fish and enjoy!
- Recipe provided by Eli's Table Co-Executive Chefs John Carr and Montezuma Garcia