Pan-Seared Cod With Garlic Greens and Parmesan Polenta Toasts
- 1/2 24 ounce package pre-cooked, fat-free polenta
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 5 ounces cod fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 pound mustard greens, stemmed
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut polenta crosswise into eight 1/2-inch-thick slices; sprinkle with grated cheese. On a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray, bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cover with foil; set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of cod to taste; add to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until fork-tender. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; saute garlic and nuts 1 minute. Add greens and wine; cover and steam 1 minute. Serve.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 292 kcal cal., 9 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 695 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 32 g pro., 170 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet