Pan-Seared Salmon with Mushrooms and Spinach over Sesame Brown Rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 3 ounces salmon fillets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon fillets lightly with salt and pepper to taste. Add salmon to the skillet and sear for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove salmon to a large plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the skillet. Add shallots and saute for 1 minute. Place mushrooms in the skillet in a single layer and saute for 2 minutes without stirring. Stir and cook 2 minutes more. Add spinach and cook for 30 seconds, or until wilted. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Mix together brown rice and sesame seeds. Spoon rice onto individual plates and top with mushroom-spinach mixture. Arrange 1 salmon fillet atop each bed of rice.
- Recipe created by Robyn Webb for Younger Next Week by Elisa Zied
Per serving: 285 kcal cal., 11 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 58 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 22 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet