Parmesan-Encrusted Tilapia with Lemony Green Beans
For the Tilapia:
- 4 skinless tilapia fillets (1 pound total)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
For the Green Beans:
- 1/2 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the broiler. Cut the tilapia fillets lengthwise into two pieces, then pat dry with a paper towel and season to taste with pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine basil and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring water for beans to a boil.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch heavy, ovenproof skillet over moderately-high heat until hot but not smoking. Saute the fish for 3 minutes or until brown. Flip the fillets over and remove the skillet from heat.
- Dust the tilapia with the cheese mixture. Place the skillet under the broiler to finish cooking the fish and slightly brown the cheese, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- As the fish cooks, add beans to boiling water. Lower heat and cook for 5 minutes or until bright green (beans should still be crisp). Drain beans and run under cold water. Shake off excess water and set aside.
- Mix lemon juice, lemon zest, pepper, and olive oil in a medium bowl. Add green beans and toss to coat; warm for 30 seconds in the microwave. Divide fish fillets and green beans on two plates and serve.
- If you like, replace beans with broccoli.
Per serving: 414 kcal cal., 19 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 315 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 52 g pro., 230 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet