Two favorites, peanut butter and jelly and peanut butter cookies, join to make one delicious, low-calorie cookie.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter (no salt added)
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup all-fruit raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, banana, sugar, and egg white until smooth with a wooden spoon or electric mixer set to medium. Add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls, place on baking sheet 1 inch apart, and make an indentation in the center of each cookie with your thumb.
- Fill each indentation with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and jam is just starting to bubble. Let cool 5 minutes on sheet; transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1 cookie.
Per serving: 95 kcal cal., 3 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 16 g carb., 2 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 3 g pro., 22 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet