The halva flavor in this smoothie comes from tahini, or sesame seed paste - a pretty suprising ingredient for a breakfast smoothie! But a tablespoon of tahini contains about 90 calories and 3 grams of protein. Combined with soy milk, you get 15 grams of protein in just one serving.
- 3/4 cup soy milk (or almond, rice, or low fat milk)
- 1 peach, chopped
- 1/2 frozen banana, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, honey, agave, date syrup (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Recipe provided by Jackie Topol, R.D.
Per serving: 440 kcal cal., 27 g fat) (39 g carb., 12 g sugar, 15 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet